Friday, March 19, 2010

Fired Up

Word Count: 330

Tiffany Maynard

Filmmaking

“Eye” of the Universe

Norms: Individual Vs. Society- Fired Up

Tiffany Maynard, 17

My Fast Metabolism

Everyday of my life has been a new experience one day to the next was never the same especially when I became a teenager. I have always been small and skinny but I never had what we call a “weight issue” and never really cared what other people thought about me. I remember when I was younger my cousins would say “Tiffany when you grow you should become a model since you’ll be able to eat everything and not gain a pound” but, I would always laugh their comments off because I knew I was much to short to reach 5’7 in this life time.

High school has been an experience for me because of all the stereotypes that go around. When people see me they sometimes ask “Hey Tiffany do you like to eat?” and I reply with of course I just have a really fast metabolism that burns up all my food before it turns into fat and to prove my point if I have a snack I eat it right in front of them. That is the truth! To me eating is an absolute enjoyment my friends who have known me for a few years have witnessed my huge intake of food and sometimes joke about me eating so much but staying stick thin. The stereotypes about girls who are skinny say that we don’t like eating and starve ourselves but for me that’s completely not the case. Even today I don’t have an issue with my weight, yeah I would love to gain few pounds to fit in that perfect dress because I personally think it would look more attractive and healthy but, I believe you just have to appreciate what you have. It always astonishes me that so many girls would go so far as to starve themselves just to look pretty. I really hope they can wake up and see that they’re missing out on the most enjoyable thing in life, eating delicious food.

No comments:

Post a Comment